Each year, thousands of alumni, parents, and friends provide flexible resources that help sustain Washington University’s excellence. Leading these vital efforts are members of the William Greenleaf Eliot Society, who contribute $1,000 or more annually.
Eliot Society by the numbers
*Fiscal year 2020–21 | **Academic year 2020–21
of annual unrestricted dollars*
million in unrestricted gifts*
named annual scholarships and fellowships**
We have an increasing need for Annual Fund support at Washington University. As we continue to recruit and educate the best students, we must alleviate any obstacles that may prevent them from fully enjoying the WashU experience. Eliot Society members contribute at least 75% of our Annual Fund dollars each year, providing vital funding for the university’s highest priorities. Learn more about the power of your philanthropy.
You may direct your contribution to scholarships or the school or program of your choice.
Increase the impact of your gift!
The Andrew M. and Jane M. Bursky Leadership Challenge will match all new and increased gifts at the William Greenleaf Eliot Society Patron and Danforth Circle levels, through December 31, 2021
In recognition of your generosity to Washington University, Eliot Society members receive:
- Invitations to special events
- Access to the Eliot Society Speaker Series, a virtual series that showcases the expertise and research of our outstanding faculty
- Parking privileges on the Danforth Campus
- Library privileges on the Danforth Campus
- The opportunity to join the Whittemore House and enjoy fine dining in a club atmosphere (An additional fee applies.)
- Access to the Athletics Complex/Sumers Recreation Center
- Subscriptions to university publications
- Discount on Reunion registration fee
- Discount at the Danforth Campus Bookstore
Membership in the Eliot Society provides benefits exclusively for Eliot Society members. To decline or request benefits with substantial fair market value, please submit this form.
School of Law scholarship donor
Your name will be listed by membership level in the annual Eliot Society Honor Roll of Donors (unless you request anonymity).
Annual unrestricted gifts
Eliot Society Member
Eliot Society Fellow
Eliot Society Benefactor
Eliot Society Patron
$50,000 or more
Want to do more?
Eliot Society volunteers help plan university events in their region and encourage others to support the mission of WashU.