Show your WashU pride everywhere you go!
In addition to showing your school pride, your purchase of a Washington University license plate helps the university advance its mission of teaching, research, and service to society.
Missouri resident alumni, faculty, staff, students, and friends of Washington University are eligible to purchase Washington University license plates. An annual donation of $25 is required to purchase the plate in addition to other vehicle registration fees.
How it works
- Make a tax-deductible gift of $25* or more to the Washington University school, program, scholarship, or fund of your choice. (William Greenleaf Eliot Society members do not need to make an additional gift.)
- Submit the Emblem Use Authorization form [PDF] and your gift in one of the following ways.
- Make your gift online. Complete the PDF form, save the document, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and print the PDF form and mail it with your check, payable to Washington University, to the following address:
License Plate Program
1 Brookings Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63130-9989
Regardless of the giving option you choose, we will complete the Emblem Use Authorization form and return it to you. Please allow 3-5 business days to process this form.
- Take the completed Emblem Use Authorization form, the $15** state fee for personalized license plates, your regular state license renewal application, and the standard state renewal fee to a Missouri Department of Revenue office near you. For more information, call 877-215-2727 or email email@example.com.
- The letters, numbers, or combination of letters and numbers on collegiate license plates cannot exceed six characters in length.
- Collegiate license plates may be issued only to passenger motor vehicles subject to the registration fee according to taxable horsepower and to beyond-local commercial motor vehicles licensed for a gross weight of 6,000 or 12,000 pounds.
- If you own a vehicle with an even model year, you may choose a two-year registration fee in an even calendar year. If you own a vehicle with an odd model year, you may choose a two-year registration in an odd calendar year. If you choose the two-year option, submit the Emblem Use Authorization form with a minimum contribution of $50 (per vehicle) to Washington University.
*Your gift to Washington University is tax deductible to the extent allowed by U.S. and Canadian law. To be eligible for a Washington University license plate, make a minimum gift of $25 for a one-year renewal or $50 for a two-year renewal.
**Because collegiate license plates are categorized as personalized license plates, there is an annual $15 Missouri state fee ($30 for two years) in addition to the regular vehicle registration fee.